Students have the opportunity to be scientists with 12 hands-on activities. This event works great day or night to get both students and parents excited about science! Festivals include material designed to prepare your students for the OAA or the MEAP!
Two themes to choose from:
Build big with hands-on math and engineering activities designed around some of history’s most notable creations. Students will have the opportunity to build their own geodesic domes, create a keystone arch and design a house stable enough to withstand an earthquake.
Forces and Motion
Reinforce Newton’s Three Laws of Motion. Students discover both the science and the scientists behind some of the world’s greatest inventions, and put their knowledge of motion to work building roller coasters, launching film canister rockets, creating button flywheels and much more!
- Materials for 12 interactive science activities
- Teacher curriculum guide
- Content standards alignment for Ohio and Michigan
- Data recording pages for each student
- “What I Did Today” take-home sheet
- Post-visit extension activities
- In-school marketing materials and support
- Press release for the local media
- Volunteer recruitment letter
- Trained educators to provide support throughout the event
- 45-minute training for teachers and adult volunteers prior to start of event
- Free admission coupon to Imagination Station for each student
Your school provides:
- 12 adult volunteers to actively facilitate activities
- A large open room, such as a cafeteria or gymnasium
- 12 tables
- 2 garbage bins
Cost: $1,000 for groups up to 300 participants, plus $.60/mile outside Lucas County. Call 419·244·2674 ext. 134 for reservations, details and larger group pricing information.
Presented Sponsor of Outreach: